Church service was interesting today and eye opening for me in a lot of ways. Ways I don't even think the pastor meant for it to be. Our pastor today was Hispanic and he spoke the sermon in Spanish and his wife translated into English. They are going to begin a service on Saturday nights like that in hopes to bring more Spanish speaking people to the House of the Lord!
He spoke on Isaiah 56:6-7, which you will find at the end of this post.
I realize that many people in this country claim to be Christians and claim that they love "everybody" but out the other side of their mouth come things like keep the mexicans out and talk about our president like he is subhuman. Besides Isaiah 56 I thought of the great commandment "Love thy neighbor as yourself". Ummm, are all you Christians loving your neighboring country, Mexico, or are you hellbent on keeping them away from you and YOUR country? And who says it is OUR country? Didn't God give us everything we have anyway? Oh but wait....
I also find it sad that our ancestors came to this country and practically wiped out the ACTUAL people who owned this land and now call it their own and want to keep others out. Nobody kept your ancestors out. In fact they just forced their way in, killing anyone they had to to get what they wanted!!! Who do the people in this country think they are? NOT Christians in my book. Just like so many of our ancestors who were killing innocent indigenous people were proclaiming to be Christians.
I have made a conscious decision today. I am an American. BUT I am a Christian first. That is where everything that I think and do should be based on. If that makes me unpatriotic, then so be it. I don't really care what others think because God is the only One I have to please. When this life is over, God is not going to care from what nation I came as this scripture indicates. He accepts all foreigners in His house and His house will be a house of prayer for ALL nations.
The next time you want to complain about everyone else in the world, maybe you should stop first and think about what Jesus would do with those people. I think Jesus would say to let them all in!!!! I don't know what would happen economically or geographically if we made it free to come here but I would trust the Lord that He would take care of it. And when you are done thinking about that, maybe you should stop and think about yourself and why you choose to think this way.
And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD
to minister to him,
to love the name of the LORD,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant—
7 these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations.”
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you babe. I'm a Christian first and an American second. It doesn't mean I love my country any less, merely that I try to love my Lord more.
ReplyDeleteI think you also highlight the extreme difficulties faced by our leaders who are Christian. Attempting to govern a country made of a diverse beliefs in a Christian manner is nigh on to impossible. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't think we should attempt to apply those principles as widely as we can!